Sunday, October 30, 2011

Painting Pumpkins

Obviously Hudson is too little to carve pumpkins. And the Hubby has been super busy these past few weeks (and for the next couple of weeks grrrrr) doing sound for a play at a local theater. So we only had a few hours together Saturday and decided to let Hudson finger pain his pumpkins. I was really worried because he puts everything in his mouth, even if the paint says non-toxic. But, to my surprise he didn't try to eat it once! He loved smooshing it all over the plates though.















I think they turned out super cute! In all honesty, I had no idea how well crayola washable finger paint would stick to a pumpkin, let alone stay on out side. So far so good though, it's still all on the pumpkin and they have been out since Saturday afternoon!

After wards, me and Hudson headed to my moms to hang out for a bit while Tanner was at work. My little sisters favorite game to play with Hudson is the "im gonna get ya!" game. He loves its, and trys to run away down the hall all while laughing up a huge storm! It is adorable.

also, this little pumpkin outfit I bought while pregnant last year. It was supposed to be pants, they are more like capris. He totally rocks it though. 


 This face is just hilarious :)



 He is such a riot!

"mom, where did she go?"

By the end of the night, he was crashed! What a great way to start our Halloween weekend.

  

Im curious, if your little ones are to little to carve what do you do? Nothing at all? Carve anyways?

4 comments:

  1. such a character!! Love you both so much !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought pumpkins, but didn't do anything with them. I love the paint idea, wish I would have thought of it, haha :) I'm going to carve next year!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun thing to do!! WHy didn't I think of that. I have a ten month old and she would have LOVED to paint a pumpkin!

    My older kids drew on theirs, and daddy carved. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of painting pumpkins WAY more than carving, so much more fun! :) And your baby and I were twins... I was a pumpkin too! High five Hudson.... HAAAAAY! :) He was a MUCH cuter pumpkin than me though :) Thanks so much for linking up to my blog, you are AWESOME! Hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete