Sunday, November 27, 2011

Traditions

Its that time of year again, or should I say the best time of year?

Im so excited for the Christmas season. This will be our very first Christmas as a family of 3 and im beyond excited for all of the new traditions we get to start. Im a sucker for holidays and want to make sure my child[ren] remember them for a lifetime just like my mom did for me. It is definitely the small things you cherish as you grow up.

Now, Hudson is only 10 months old so a few of these he is a little small for and won't really get whats going on, but that's ok! Here are some of my favorite holiday traditions, and a few new ones I plan to start.

-putting up the Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. We did this every year growing up, I loved having our tree up all of December. Were a little slow this year, but the Hubs has every night off this week [yay!!] so it will get put up soon.

-Every Christmas Eve, the elve's would essentially 'door bell ditch' our house and drop off our Christmas Jammies. It was them saying Santa was getting close so you had to go to bed. It worked like a charm and we went right to sleep.

-Speaking of elves, the "elf on the shelf" is one I can not wait to start. My little sister got the Elf, and its such a magical tradition.
-I saw this idea on pinterest. You take a hand print of your baby on their very first Christmas. We will be doing this, however in red or green so it matches our tree ;]
-Another fabulous pinterest idea is wrapping up 25 Christmas books, then each day to count down you open one and read it. Hudson is definitely to little for this one, but I'm going to start collecting books for the next year or two so I can be sure to have enough.

-Making cookies! Oh I just love fresh baked Christmas cookies.

-wrapping kids in lights. Adorable. We actually did this Saturday when we got our family pictures done. I can't wait to get them back to share.

-Making Christmas presents. My mother and I always make some sort of gift for the neighbors, and some family. We have a few ideas this year, but haven't started yet. We should get on that.

& I am sure there is lots more! But, right now these are the big ones im getting excited for.
What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?


are you stopping by from the followers fest? Let me know I love meeting new faces blogs, ;] and I would love to follow you back.


2 comments:

  1. I love the doorbell ditch pjs LOL...so fun!

    I can't wait to do Elf on a Shelf too---I'm going tot wait one more year though because Raya can't quite grasp the whole idea yet unfortunately!

    Shawna www.nopaparazziplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's our first christmas as a family of 3 too! My baby girl LOVES christmas lights. We have to stop in the store if we see a reindeer lit up or something. It's so fun! Enjoy your first Christmas with your two boys!

    ReplyDelete